Create Account

Community

Defense against tower rush being NE

Anything related to the game. From the latest news to the upcoming tournaments, this section covers pretty much everything. Take a step inside!

Defense against tower rush being NE

Postby AAA_Infinite » Apr 25th, '15, 02:39

Hi, I am having some problems when I am tower rushed (specially against hu). What is the proper strategy to win? DH or KotG? Should I focus on towers or peasants? Make a hunter's hall and protectors? Uproot main and go to an expo? Assume the enemy player is hacking and could send as many peasants as he wanted. Oddly enough I could not find a single decent video from RoC.
AAA_Infinite

Re: Defense against tower rush being NE

Postby LoveStruck » Apr 29th, '15, 23:18

I would suggest you to make a keeper of the grove with force of nature accompanied by archers and to have as target priority the following: 1) peasants who are repairing; 2) towers; 3) "idle" peasants. You can build your next moon wells and ancients far away from the towers, and eventually uproot/root your tree of life in a safer position if the tower rush was poorly performed.

http://roc.w3arena.net/replays/details/1086/
You could take a look at this replay, for instance. Here I planned an unusual strategy, so I delayed the building of my ancient of war, but luckily i managed to save my main tree of life for a while and set up two further expansions.
LoveStruck

Re: Defense against tower rush being NE

Postby AAA_Infinite » Apr 30th, '15, 03:25

Many thanks, exactly what I needed.
AAA_Infinite

Return to Warcraft III